Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Menu: Treat Yourself!

Ahhh....Cheat meals.  Love 'em or...well, LOVE 'EM, I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't treat themself once in a while.  At the moment, I'm carb cycling on an 8 day cycle - high, low, low, low, high with a cheat meal, low, low, low.  Yes, that's right; I'm having a cheat meal every other high carb day.  Guess what today was?  The second high carb day!

A few years ago, I had given up on myself, or at least started making excuses for myself.  It was to the point that I was ordering a LOT of take out, mostly from the same Thai food place, and tipped the scales at over 150 pounds (which is a lot when you're 5'1").  When I moved into my new house in February of 2009, and was renovating the kitchen, I of course ordered dinner; when the delivery guy arrived and I opened the door, his face lit up and he said my old address....he had delivered to me there so many times that he immediately recognized me and knew my address by heart!  WOW, how embarassing!

Obviously, my eating habits have come a long way since then, but I was really excited about today's cheat meal at Friendly Thai!

Round one: APPETIZERS.  Veggie Spring Rolls.  An order of these is 2 full rolls.  I used to put back 2 orders in one sitting...they really are delicious though!


Round two: MAIN COURSE.  Luckily, I had my boyfriend with me for dinner, so we got to split a few dishes and get some of everything: Shrimp Curry Pad Thai, Green Curry Chicken with Coconut Rice, and Spicy Crispy Beef.  I didn't eat much of the beef, because I couldn't stop eating pad thai and curry chicken...


































Round three: ARE YOU KIDDING?  I was STUFFED!  I had intentions of going to Sweet Flour for dessert, but I couldn't possibly do it!  We had a pretty big doggy bag as it was!

I'm ready to go into my food coma, and I certainly won't be happy with the number on the scale in the morning, but the plan is that this will keep me on track the rest of the time.  Do you do scheduled cheat meals?  Does a cheat meal spiral out of control and turn into a whole cheat day?  How do you keep it honest??




Love yourself and prove it!
Mandy
xo

1 comment:

  1. love it, and the pictures;) I hope your cheat meal will fall into your Pictou trip;) We should cheat together, at Acropole Pizza;)

    ReplyDelete