Monday, July 23, 2012

Mandy's Monday Menu - smooth it out!

Wow, how time flies!  Yet another Monday, and we're now 14 weeks out from competition!!

For now, I'm still working on the 1400 calorie per day menu, carb cycling 3 low and 1 high carb day.  Since I started using my spreadsheet food calculator religiously every day, I've really been making progress - it's amazing how far off of my nunbers I was without it - I was cheating myself out of about 400 calories per day by guessing, and BOY was I cranky!  Not only was I not making progress, I was a cranky, grumpy, moody mess!  Good thing I'm back on track now - after 7 days of really tracking and following my numbers to the letter, I'm down 4 pounds (likely of waterweight, but I'll take it!).  My water has been at 6L or more a day, and I even made a trip home for the weekend without falling off the wagon.

Today, rather than a "menu" I'm going to give you a recipe....I've been using this for the past week in preparation for today's spray tan at Dove Spa on Dundas West (which is ultmately in preparation for the final LFL Toronto Triumph cuts this Thursday).  The key to a nice, even spray tan is exfoliation!

I stumbled across this concoction on facebook one day, and forgive me, but I can't for the life of me remember who deserves the credit!  Either way though, this recipe is SUPER easy, and if you can keep yourself from eating it, you'll come out of the shower smelling freakin' delicous! (Just make sure you don't use this once you've gotten your spray tan - since it's oil based, it will ruin your tan.)

Ingredients:
Granular sugar
Coconut oil

Yup.  That's it!  I use them in basically a 2:1 ratio of sugar to oil, and you can make as much or as little as you want.  Toss the two ingredients in a bowl, mix well, making sure it's on the thick side - in warmer temperatures, the coconut oil gets REALLY liquid-y, and you'll be disappointed if you don't use enough of the sugar.

I like to make a big batch and put it in a cute, air tight container, and keep it by the bathtub.  You'll honestly come out super moisturized and smelling like coconut candy...it's ok to lick your lips!!

Love what you can, when you can!
Mandy
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment