Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week in review

Weight: 131.8 pounds
left to goal: 6.8 pounds
sleep: 6 hours

At the end of my first week, here's what my weight looked like:



While I was definitely trending in the right direction, Saturday slowed things down (and turned them around a little), as it was the anniversary of my boyfriend and I meeting, so we went out for an INCREDIBLE DINNER, at a restaurant called Mildred's Temple Kitchen (www.templekitchen.com).  I believe in a cheat meal each week, but this was BEYOND.  While my diet the rest of the day was right in line with a typical day, dinner on Saturday night consisted of the following:

Starter: a small selection from the chacuterie plate - pickled grapes, duck aspic, pickled chorizo sausage, house made dill pickles, salami, and "Grandma's mustard"....wow.

Apps: I had the octopus - it was served in a prego sauce, with garlic bread...amazing.  I actually wiped the plate clean.  My boyfriend had the Lamb ribs.  WOW.  Did I mention that this food was incredible?

Palate cleanser: apricot sorbet with blueberries.  It SO helps to know the chef (or at least his girlfriend!)

Mains: I had the special - duck 2 ways, with veggies, and what I believe was some kind of cornbread that I wanted to curl up in and drift off to my happy place...it was SO much food for this point in the meal, but my boyfriend helped me clean it up, after he cleaned off his plate of halibut.  It was all SO GOOD.

DESSERT!: Chocolate cherry bread pudding with coffee cream.  And then I died.  They even wrote (beautifully) "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate!


...Does it help that we both did pullups on the scaffolding on the way back to the car?



Obviously, the weight on the scale on Sunday morning wasn't pretty.  I was back up ONE POINT EIGHT POUNDS from the previous morning.  Well worth it for the occasion.  Love you Z!

I was back on track on Sunday with my diet, working to make sure that extra weight gained the night before was only temporary.

Overall, my weight loss was up to exactly 3 pounds before the cheat.  After the cheat, I was only 1 pound lower, but either way I'm happy with a pound lost in a week.  I'll have to keep working hard, and keep my weekly cheat in check to make sure that I keep that line moving the right way!

No comments:

Post a Comment