Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One of those days...

Weight: 132.0 pounds
Left to goal: 7 pounds
Sleep 6.5 hours...ish

I never considered myself to be an emotional eater...until now.  I've discovered that as the stress mounts at work, I look more and more to food to ease the tension!  That said, I'm proud to announce that I still haven't caved.  No cookies, no chocolate, no chips...mmmm chips....

I started my day with the usual suspects:

 Had a 30 minute nap on the bus to work, and when I arrived had my grapefruit (isn't my boyfriend good to me?  He even cuts my grapefruit into "Supremes"!)


By 10:00am I was already hungry - it seems that getting back on track has allowed my body to jump right back into crazy metabolism mode - so I had the other half of my PB&J Greek Yogourt.


11:30am I ate lunch a little early...I got off of one call (did I mention how stressed out I am?!), and have another with a customer at 12:30pm, so I'm pushing it...
Normally I would eat only half of the salad with my first lunch, and save the second half for my second lunch, but I was RAVENOUS, so it's all gone.  I'll have to dig up another salad for later!

1:00pm I was craving sweets, and happened to have a Protein Bar in my purse, so I downed that between my speaking parts on the conference call.

2:00pm = time for lunch #2!
 Since there were veggies in my lunch, I opted to eat those with my second lunch, rather than venture out to the salad bar (which would have forced me to walk past displays of chips and chocolate bars!)

When I got home, I walked Eason, and when we got in, my boyfriend had prepared a pre-workout snack fit for a King...or THE King, rather!  Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches, on french toast!  mmmmmmmm!  They seem SO sinful, but since we were on our way to a heavy back workout, we could justify the extra carbs that the bread and banana add. 

BACK AND BICEPS WORKOUT:



After the gym and a quick stop at the grocery store, it was porkchops and quinoa for dinner, around 9:00pm.  I know most people recommend against eating after 6 or 7pm, but with our schedules and workouts, it's just not possible most days!




I'm feeling good, and that French-Elvis sandwich really filled the cravings for sweet, while not being a TOTAL cheat!  mmmmmmm!  Little by little, I'm SURE this will get easier!

xo
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment