Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fit/Fat

Weight: 132.6 pounds
Left to goal: 7.6 pounds
Sleep: about 7 hours


The reason I have FINALLY come back to the Life Buffet and starting writing: FOCUS.

I am in good shape; I am physically strong, and can put a lot of the boys to shame when I'm at the gym; I do not look the way that I want to look.  While I'm fit, all I see when I look in the mirror most days is the layer of fat sitting on top of the muscles that I've worked so hard to develop.  It's not an obsession, but it's certainly a point of frustration to know that I work as hard as I do, and don't feel that the way that I look is a reflection of that effort.  The obvious issue is my nutrition - I'm not always as focused as I could be, and find myself lying through omission.  I post daily to a website called Gymga (find me at www.gymga.com/mandy), essentially Facebook for Gym rats and Health Fanatics/Hopefuls, and a great source of inspiration.  I post my workouts there (and will duplicate them here), along with food posts...but I often find myself leaving out the Starbucks latte, or snack-pack of cookies that I justified to myself in the office lunch room.  THAT. STOPS. NOW.

I need to focus on my nutrition even more now that my workout schedule has been minimized to 3 times a week (from my original 5-6), and I am going to be 100% transparent.  I will post my cravings in the hope that acknowledging them will help me to combat them.

7:15am - lemon water and supps

9:00am - MacIntosh Apple

10:30am - half a tub of Liberte 0% Greek Yogourt (http://www.liberte.ca/en/grec-yogurt-products/plain_greek_yogurt_0_.sn) with peanut butter and strawberry jam - trying to mix up flavours, but I know this is a little more sugar than is ideal.


I'm DYING to cross the street and get a Pumpkin Spice Latte today, as it's the first day they're available this season...maybe later this week as a treat if I'm good?!

12:30pm and I'm craving sweets.  I know it's just that I haven't eaten yet, but those cookies in the lunch room are calling out to me!  I've heated up my lunch - leftover beef stew - so hopefully that will stave off the evil cravings for a while.  I've also been filling my super cute plastic insulated drinking cup with matching straw...this is cup #3 of water since I got to work.  I really need to drink more water too!

It's 1:20pm and the sweet cravings haven't really gone away...eating some veggies...but I'm hanging on by a thread!

3:00pm - Lunch #2 helped to fill me up, but I'm still craving sweets! Eat-clean chicken fingers and butternut squash gnocchi leftovers from last night's dinner...Still delicious the second time!
I closed out my day at the office by putting a Lipton Green Tea Superfruit (Red Goji & Raspberry) teabag in my cup, which took a bit of the edge off of my sugar cravings.

When I got home, just before 6:00pm, I was craving......BROCCOLI of all things!

So I threw two crowns into some boiling water, sprinkled with a little S&P and voila.  My boyfriend felt I needed some protein too, so he pan seared a couple of haddock filets in lemon juice to tide us both over until dinner was ready...2 hours later!
A big, beautiful salad with mixed greens, apple, orange pepper and pecans, and in the background is a small piece of roast beef.  The perfect pre-game meal....

We had a late baseball game, which usually means a beer or two before we head home, but I BEHAVED MYSELF!  Not a drop to drink for this girl!

While I technically started this yesterday, TODAY really felt like the beginning, as work is where most of my food-cheats happen...so I survived!

xo
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment