Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day - Get to work!

It's time for me to refocus.  For the next 30 days, I will be coming here to post everything that I eat, and all of my workouts, along with moods, cravings, measurements and pictures.  A little self-indulgent?  Maybe.  Isn't that fitting though, in the spirit of buffet mentality?

As of this morning, I weighed in at 133.4 pounds.  Granted, this number is a little bit inflated due to Sunday night being "cheat night", and our visit to the Mandarin restaurant.


Every morning, I start my day at 6:00am (since bringing home my new puppy!).  Once I've had the dog out and started her on her breakfast, I make myself a glass of lemon water - 1/4 of a large lemon squeezed into a glass, with a little bit of water - and my morning vitamins and supplements:

(Pills from left to right: Green Tea Extract, Raspberry Ketones, Women's One-A-Day multivitamin, Omega 3 Fish Oil, and CLA)  Since we're on the end of a long weekend, today started at 8am - what a welcome treat!

After the puppy (Eason, after fitness model, Jamie Eason) and I go for our morning walk, I hand her off to her Daddy, and get ready for my day.  We normally put her in her crate for the morning and I sit and eat my breakfast with her:

(Nature's Path Cereal with Unflavoured, unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk)

 Since this is a holiday Monday, I didn't have to head to work, so my next meal came around 10:00, roughly two hours after my breakfast meal.  This meal usually consists of just plain 0% Liberte Greek Yogourt, but I decided to add some cinnamon, Xylitol and vanilla extract to mix it up a little...and it was DELICIOUS!


 I was feeling really hungry today, so lunch was at 11:30 - that dish has a 400mL capacity, and is filled with homemade Beef Stew from the other night.  Lots of veggies, red kidney beans and extra-lean roast in there, not to mention all of the crazy spices!

 1:00p.m.: Jamie Eason's Pumpkin Protein Bar...these are fantastic for the sweet cravings that I often suffer from!


At 2:00 we were on our way out the door to play some "baseball" with some of my boyfriend's friends...No time to prepare a meal for the road, so we grabbed these protein bars.  I especially like the Yogourt flavour, and the Double Fudge Chocolate...they sound much more sinful than they are when you look at the macros!


Dinner, let's call it around 8:00p.m.  Eat-Clean chicken fingers (recipe at http://www.eatcleandiet.com/food_and_recipes/clean_recipe/crispy_chicken_bites.aspx) and homemade butternut squash gnocchi with a balsamic reduction over the top.  While the texture of the gnocchi wasn't exactly as expected (likely due to the type of high-protein flour used), it was still delicious!  I need to get in the habit of using the small plates so that it looks like more food!

Around 9:00 I had a MacIntosh apple with peanut butter for a snack, and when my boyfriend went back for another helping of dinner, I had another two bites of chicken strips!




So here I am, another 30 day challenge for myself.  I'd like to see myself finally reach my goal of a wait of 125 pounds, but any progress will be welcome!

xo
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment