Monday, January 30, 2012

Phased and confused

By Jove, I've done it!  I've survived the first four-week-phase of the Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer.  Admittedly, some of it was harder than expected, but for the most part it went as planned.  There were exercises that I'd never done, and other that I've just avoided.

Ultimately, at the end of 4 weeks, I'm about where I expected I'd be.  Down a few pounds (most of which, I'd gained over the holidays), down an inch here, and half an inch there, but ultimately not much visible change.  The strength gains though?  Wow.  While most personal trainers in my world - ok, in my GYM - will trash the likes of the seated leg extension, or leg curls, I've made significant gains, moving from 90 pounds for 10 reps up to 135 pounds for 12, and no less than 3 sets at that weight too!  I'm comfortably squatting 185 pounds without a spotter for 3 sets of 10 reps.  Sure, they're not competition depth, but I've moved on from earlier notions of powerlifting competition - at least for now.



 At first glance, not much has changed from day 1.  Still no "real abs" to speak of, still those little rolls under my sports bra on my back....

...But when I look more closely, I see a slightly higher butt that is a little less flat.  I see a perky (er?) chest, and maybe a tighter looking waist.  My posture has improved, thanks to exercises from my chiropractor, and things are going well.


I can't wait to see what Phase 2 brings; the addition of cardio both excites me and induces fear.  The point of phase 2 is to start cutting fat, while maintaining - and hopefully building a little more - muscle.

5 more weeks until my vacation down South.  I'm not sure what size I'll be by then, so I guess I'll just have to order bathing suits in every size!

No comments:

Post a Comment