Tuesday, January 17, 2012

(Bigger, Faster) STRONGER

Let's not kid ourselves.  As of today, I'm 17 days in, and I really don't look any different.  My measurements are the same as they were on day 8, so I've managed to keep off that 1/2 inch that I lost of my waist.  The scale says I'm down 3.8 pounds, which isn't too shabby for just a couple of weeks.  

But before you start thinking that I'm getting down on myself, or doubting that this whole change of program is worthwhile, let me tell you this:  I'm making significant strength gains.  We're talking 30+ pound increases on exercises where I've plateau'd for MONTHS.  Seated Leg Extensions?  Up to 120# from 90#.  Back Extensions?  Holding a 45# plate now instead of doing them with just body weight.  POW!

I'm taking progress pictures and measurements every Sunday.  I track my measurements and daily weight in a spreadsheet, because I like to be able to see that I'm staying on track.  On top of that, because I track EVERYTHING (weights, exercises, food, mood etc), I can look back and see what works for me, and what doesn't.  The same thing isn't going to work for everyone, so I feel that my OCD tracking will help me in the long run.

Just keep pushing!

xo
Mandy 

No comments:

Post a Comment