Monday, January 2, 2012

I've got a feeling [that tonight's gonna be a good night]

Well, we made it.  We survived another holiday season!  Hooray for us!  No, don't look down.  Don't even think about grabbing and pinching and squishing that love handle that required extra effort to squeeze into your jeans this morning!

It's a NEW YEAR.  It's time to forget what you did in 2011.  Or better yet, use what you did (or maybe didn't do!) last year, and treat it as fuel for your 2012 goals.  I'm on day 2 of my new program (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html), and while my head is pounding, likely from caffeine withdrawls, I know that this is a change worth making.  It's time to tailor all of that work that I put in at the gym, and line it up with my real goals.  I love lifting big, don't get me wrong.  But this time, it's about the look.

This morning, as I sat eating my FIVE EGG WHITES and 1/4 cup of oats, and handful of veggies, I couldn't get the song from Beauty and the Beast out of my head..."When I was a lad, I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large...but now that I'm grown I eat FIVE dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a barge!"  LOL.  It seems to me that my caloric intake could have actually been HIGHER to help me really build muscle last year.  I've come leaps and bounds, and significantly cut down my body fat percentage, but if I do what my boyfriend often does, and do a BULK (see: eat more than it seems you should to allow more readily available energy for workouts and muscle repair/building), I'll grow my muscle mass, and thus increase the power that my body has to burn fat when I stop bulking!

ahhh....Science!

Ok, so it's a delicate balance, and I'm a little bit scared.  It's a LOT of food.  But after I force what seems an endless amount of protein in my face, it's only an hour or two before I'm ravenous again...so we'll see!

I'm tracking weight daily (so that I can get averages - we women especially fluctuate throughout the week), measuring weekly, and taking update pictures monthly.

This was me, before bed on my 28th birthday, and day 1 of the Live Fit Trainer:


...forgive my wet hair and lack of makeup!

Now a quick snack of Turkey Muffins and veggies (http://www.hardbody.com/news/2010/11/09/jamie-easons-turkey-meatloaf-muffins-recipe/), drive home, and fight off the resolutioners at the gym.  Anyone seen reading, talking on their cell phone, or applying another coat of lipgloss will be sneered at.  It's a GYM people!  Those weights aren't going to lift themselves!

xo
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment