Monday, June 18, 2012

Welcome to Pledge Week

In the past week or so, I've made some great connections with people across the fitness industry, many of which were made through my involvement in the FMIevents seminar last weekend.  One thing that I've learned is that the industry is small - it's all about relationships, larger than life personalities, and being supportive and helpful to the community as a whole.  It's really a healthy, strong and beautiful sorority/fraternity!

In an attempt to do things a little bit differently from the norm, I'm going to start my competition prep today at 19 week, instead of the prescribed 12 weeks.  Being that this is my first competition, I have a long way to go, and am going to leverage the relationships that I've built to be as prepared as I can be.

With that said, I'm going to start this journey with a pledge.

I PLEDGE to share as much of my journey as I can, in hopes to inspire and maybe even help others to make steps toward their healthy lifestyle goals.  I pledge to do my best to be prepared for my first competition, to learn from those who are willing to teach, and to be a positive and supportive force for all whose paths I cross along the way.

What's your pledge?  I invite you all to join me in this "pledge week" - commit publicly to a goal, big or small.

You love yourself, now PROVE IT!

xo
Mandy

5 comments:

  1. I PLEDGE as I start my journey to rememebr to stay positive and love myself because nothing happens over night. I will also share my new found knowledge with those I love hoping to inspire those with my new found healthy addiction.I pledge to not be afraid to try new things and to be willing to step out of my comfort zone and connect with those with the same passion as me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I pledge to eat clean for the next 30 days, with 2 exceptions (family reunion and my dad's b-day/4th of July), and to do cardio 5-6 times per week; 3 LISS sessions and 2-3 HIIT sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this one is hard for me! I pledge to increase my water intake and to push myself to increase my intensity/length of my workouts. I know alot of people are waiting on/watching my results and I don't want to let them (or myself) down. My next progress will be in approximately 19 weeks and will be around my 47th birthday. And I want a WOW factor with my pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pledge to eat clean for 30 days straight. no excuses! If i want something that looks or smells like junk food, it needs to be a clean version/recipe! I also pledge to move my body everyday for 30 days. Whether it be playing a sport or hitting the gym for at least 45 minutes a day. I'd like to drop 20# in the next 6 months and maintain a healthy lifestyle for life! Mark your calendar. It's on starting today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pledge to eat clean by planning ahead and making my meals on Sundays, no excuses. I will make wise and conscious food choices throughout every day. I will plan ahead for my exercises and times throughout the week. To get a sufficient amount of sleep each night and to plan ahead to get things done so that I don't do it all late at night. Last...I pledge to take care of me, mentally, emotionally and physically. I'm excited! Let's get this started!

    ReplyDelete