Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday menu: a LOT on my plate! (and some pancakes on yours!)

WOW, I have had a lot on my plate lately.  As of today, I'm 11 weeks away from my first competition, officially a member of the LFL Canada's Toronto Triumph, wearing the number 6, and filling out paperwork and prepping for job interviews (no, I'm STILL not working).

No matter how busy I am, I always have time for the people who have helped me become the person that I am today.  One of the biggest influences in my life was my figure skating coach; as a competitive figure skater until the time I moved away for University, I spent countless hours at the rink, and inevitably, my coach had a great impact on the person that I became.  So needless to say, when she comes to ME for advice, I'll gladly make the time.

She's been working out, made great progress in strength gain and weight loss, and she's finally turned that corner from "I HAVE to go and workout" to "I can't WAIT to go and workout" - I'm so proud!  To break through her weightloss plateau, she's decided to change up her diet, and called me!

Now that I'm at 11 weeks out, Amber and I have changed my diet, but I'm a big believer in carb cycling - so I suggested it to my coach.  We went through the details, and modified my previous plans to meet her needs and goals.  When we talked about carbs and cravings, she brought up PANCAKES.  And really, who doesn't love pancakes?!

So I thought I'd share a recipe for some yummy pancakes that should backtrack you less than the ones your mom used to make, and should fit into either a high OR low carb day - that is, as long as you can keep yourself from eating more than one batch!

INGREDIENTS:
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
2 egg whites (60mL)
1 whole egg
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
1 TBSP Vanilla extract
cinamon to taste

Put all of the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.  Let the mixture sit for a few minutes to let the bubbles settle (and the batter thicken), then pour into a hot pan in desired size(s).  I like to use coconut oil in the pan, as it gives an almost sweet, buttery flavour!

Cook 'em the same way your Mom would, and you're golden!  They really don't need any topping, but if you just can't do without, make sure you're using 100% natural maple syrup!

PER BATCH:
237 calories
9g carb
34 g protein
6.5g fat


ENJOY!

Love what you can, when you can!
Mandy
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment